The Scholarship Fund for Inner-City Children (SFIC) will send six (6) students on an all expense paid trip to the 2017 SFIC Advanced Space Academy Summer Program at the U.S. Space and Rocket Center in Huntsville, AL. The students chosen for this extraordinary experience will:
- Attend a Catholic high school in the Newark Archdiocese
- A sophomore or junior
- Will be expected to travel and attend camp along with many other camper from the Archdiocese and from around the globe.
- Will be expected to submit a report of their experience at Space Camp
Students will be chosen based on their grades, extra curricular activities, teacher recommendation and essays they submit (previous attendees are not eligible to apply).
If you are interested and qualify, fill out an application; provide us with a copy of your most recent report card, include a letter of recommendation from your Science teacher and submit a two page, type-written and well-crafted essay that includes the following:
- Describe, using examples, how your course work in mathematics and science has sparked your creativity and imagination encouraging you to apply for participation in Space Camp 2017.
- Describe, explicitly, how participating in the Space Camp 2017 will influence and better prepare you for further study in science and mathematics in college and for your eventual career.
Deadline: December 30, 2016