Congratulations to the following schools that have been named National Blue Ribbon Schools of Excellence for 2017 by the U.S. Department of Education and join 19 schools from the Archdiocese that have received this honor since 2011. U.S. Secretary of Education, Betsy DeVos recognized 342 schools as National Blue Ribbon Schools for 2017. Seventeen schools from New Jersey have been recognized as National Blue Ribbon Schools this year including the following five (5) schools from the Archdiocese of Newark.
- All Saints Catholic Academy 19 West 13th Street Bayonne, NJ 07002‐1437 Phone: (201) 443‐8384
- Hoboken Catholic Academy 555 7th Street Hoboken, NJ 07030‐6326 Phone: (201) 963‐9535
- Our Lady of the Lake School 26 Lakeside Avenue Verona, NJ 07044‐1819 Phone: (973) 239‐1160
- St. Peter Academy 431 Fifth Avenue River Edge, NJ 07661‐2147 Phone: (201) 261‐3468
- The Academy of Our Lady Of Peace 99 South Street New Providence, NJ 07974‐1989 Phone: (908) 464‐8657
The National Blue Ribbon Schools Program honors public and private elementary, middle and high schools where students achieve very high learning standards or are making notable improvements in closing the achievement gap. “National Blue Ribbon Schools are active demonstrations of preparing every child for a bright future,” said U.S. Secretary of Education Betsy DeVos to the honorees. “You are visionaries, innovators and leaders. You have much to teach us: some of you personalize student learning, others engage parents and communities in the work and life of your local schools and still others develop strong and forward-thinking leaders from among your teaching staff.” On Nov. 6-7, the Secretary and the Department of Education will celebrate with these honorees at an awards ceremony in Washington, D.C.