This is a national scholarship program that collaborates with local programs to provide tuition assistance for thousands of elementary school children throughout the United States.
The Scholarship Fund for Inner-City Children and CSF co-sponsor scholarship programs in Newark, Jersey City and Elizabeth.
Requirements are different for each area.
- To qualify your child must be registered to attend a Catholic elementary school as a kindergarten student or transferring in from a public school to a Catholic elementary school for grades 1 – 6.
- For all the programs, applicants must be low income and meet financial need based closely on the Federal Reduced and Free Lunch program.
- For the Jersey City program, applicants additionally must reside in Jersey City and be registered to attend a Catholic elementary school in Jersey City.
- The Elizabeth program requires applicants to additionally reside in Elizabeth and be registered to attend a Catholic elementary school in Elizabeth.
- Newark program applicants must reside in Newark or in the surrounding communities (Irvington, East Orange, West Orange) and be registered to attend a Catholic elementary school in Newark or the surrounding communities.
CURRENTLY, THE PROGRAM IS NOT OPEN FOR NEW APPLICANTS